Indian e-Medical Visa
Apply for Indian e-Medical Visa
Do you have a health condition which you desired to treat in India? Or you want to visit India for medical? Or you want to accompany a loved one on a medical trip to India?
The Indian e-medical visa is what you need; you will get a visa without going to the embassy. Just 3 simple steps!
The Indian e-medical visa is a flexible traveling initiative launched by the Indian government in 2014. It is an online travel visa that allows foreigners aiming to seek medical treatment in India to do so with ease.
Indian e-Medical Visa Validity:
The Indian e-medical visa is a triple-entry visa (i.e. the individual can travel to Indian on three different occasions) which is valid for 120 days from the date of issuance. The second and third entries must be within 60 days of the first trip.
If you had entered India on a visa other than a medical visa, say e-Tourist visa India, and you needed medical attention during your stay in India; you don’t need a medical visa.
You are also free to consult a doctor for your condition without a medical visa in the above scenario. However, if your treatment persists, then you need a Indian e-Medical visa to remain in India.
Citizens from the eligible countries for India visa can complete the simple e-medical visa form online to receive an approved e-visa which permits a maximum stay of 60 consecutive days for medical purposes. This visa policy is available for patients receiving medical attention for an important health issue in an Indian hospital or a recognized medical institution. The Indian e-medical visa covers the patient and two companions.
Indian e Medical Visa Requirements:
If you are a citizen from the countries eligible to apply online to enter India, then all you need to get the Indian e-medical visa are;
- A letter from a hospital in India.
- A Passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in India. The passport must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control authorities to place the entry and exit stamps.
- An image of the passport biographical information page.
- A Recent photograph of the applicant; passport style. Check out Indian Passport/Visa photo requirements.
- Debit or Credit card for payment.
- Current Email address to receive the approved India e-medical visa document. Upon arrival at any of Indian entry points, a printed copy of the approved India e-medical visa document must be presented.
The whole application process can be summarized into just three steps;
- Fill the online indian visa application form
- Upload required India visa document
- Make payment
- Get your approved visa
Other important information about the Indian e-medical visa are;
- Medical trips are available a maximum of 3 times a year.
- This visa is non-extendable, non-convertible, and not valid for visiting protected or restricted areas.
- Applicants are required to have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in India.
- Travelers are required to move around with a copy of their approved Indian e-medical visa authorization at all times during their stay.
- Visitors must have a return or an onward ticket when applying for their e-Medical visa.
- All applicants must have an individual passport, regardless of their age.
- Parents may not include their children in their online visa for India application.
The whole application process completes in 3-5 days and you shall get the approved visa, sent to you through your email. However, the whole application can be sped up with e-Visa india emergency and the visa made within 24-48 hours , but added charges are incurred. The visa policy is fast. It is ideal for urgency.
The Indian e-medical visa expires after 120 days of issuance and Medical trips are available a maximum of 3 times a year.
I Need a Visa for India?
Yes, you need a visa to enter India. If you are from eligible countries you can apply for an online India visa.
Indian e-Medical Visa Cost:
The cost of the Indian e-medical visa varies based on your nationality, with the highest price being USD 102.50. For urgent applications, more charges are incurred.
Explanation of The Online Application Form
In the online application form is:
- Personal details,
- Passport details,
- And past criminal offense details are required before making the payment.
Since this is an online indian visa application process, any additional details required by you will be asked in an email that you registered on this website. You can securely provide additional details by clicking the link in the email.
After making the payment family details, spouse, and parents details will be required in most of the cases.
If you required a nurse or medical attendant or family member to assist you, then it must be mentioned in the letter required from the hospital on the hospital letterhead stating the purpose of your visit. A medical attendant visa is also available.
After you have completed the Indian Visa Application Form, you should allow 3-5 business days for the decision to be made. Most decisions are made in 3 days with some taking up to 5 days.
And if there is anything that is required from you, then you will be contacted. If there is any further information required by the Immigration Officers of the Government of India, you will also get notified through an email in the first instance. You do not need to take any action.
You will be notified as well through the registered email of the approval of your e-medical visa.
- Format: PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, TIFF.
- You need a passport scan copy for this form of visa application.
- The passports scan copy needs to be clear, legible, and not blurry. All four corners of the passport must be visible.
- The Indian passport scan size is 600 pixels by 800 pixels.
- Not that you cannot use a refugee passport for this application
Indian e-Medical Visa Sample
Frequently Asked Questions:
The cost of the visa varies based on your nationality, with the highest price being USD 102. It is reasonably cheap and not stressful when compared to the conventional way of getting an Indian visa by visiting embassies.
Foreign nationals can acquire an India e-Medical visa by filling in an Indian visa application form. This simple process can be done from the comfort of the traveler’s home or office, avoiding a trip to an embassy or consulate.
Applicants must submit their basic personal information, including their full name, nationality, and date of birth. They must also provide a contact email address and phone number as well as their passport details. Finally, some security questions must be answered.
The form is quick and easy to fill out. The approved India e-medical visa is then delivered to the applicant’s email address within a few business days.
No. Once approved, you will get it on your email which you would print out and present at the entry points of India.
Applicants must have a passport issued by an eligible country to obtain the India e-Medical visa. This passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date the traveler intends to arrive in the country.
Also, citizens must provide a letter from the hospital in India where they will receive treatment, as well as evidence that they have the funds to cover their stay. They must also have a return or onward ticket when applying.
International medical patients applying for an e-Medical visa for India must also provide a current email address and pay the visa fee.
You are allowed a maximum of just 3 e-visas in a given calendar year (Jan-Dec).
It takes a matter of minutes to complete the Indian e-Medical visa application form online and submit it.
Applications are processed quickly and approved visas are often emailed to the patient within 24 hours. However, the processing time can vary depending on factors such as the current volume of medical visa applications. It can sometimes take up to 4 business days and, in rare cases, a little longer.
Applicants are advised to apply at least 4 days before their trip. It is also recommended to take care to ensure that all the information submitted is accurate since small errors can cause delays or even rejection of visa applications.