India e-Conference Visa
India accepts visitors from different parts of the world throughout the year. Each of those visitors comes into the country for different purposes such as medical emergencies, tourism, and important conferences which they have to attend.
In this article, our main focus would be on the Indian e-Conference visa. By the end of this article, you shall know not only the visa requirements, but also the explanation application form.
The India e-Conference visas are specifically given for workshops placed in India to hold important conferences, international seminars or to discuss subjects of importance.
Often time people confuse the validity period, as they think it starts counting from the day you arrive India which is completely false. The duration starts counting from the moment you are issued the visa. The validity period for the India e-Conference visas are usually three months or 90 days.
In addition, it is imperative for delegates who resides outsides of India to carry the invitation card to the conference or seminar. Plus, for India e-Conference visa, a duration of 30days is allowed as the stay days in India and not to mention that the Indian e-Conference visa permits single entry.
The first thing to note about the requirements is that the process can be carried out online, so you are not mandated to go to the embassy. Thus, making the process easier as you can get your visa in the comfort of your home.
The following are the requirements needed to obtain an India e-Conference visa:
- A Passport that is valid for the next 6 months.
- A Photograph of you taken recently on a white background.
- A copy of your invitation letter to the conference or seminar.
- MHA event clearance letter.
- MEA political clearance letter.
It is vital that you have all the necessary requirements and they should also not only be accurate but valid as well.
Urgent application for India e-Conference Visa
Should an urgent need arise that would require you to have an e-Conference attendant visa, then you have to proceed the process via the emergency Indian e-visa/ fast track services. This fast track services are made available for e-Conference visas. In addition, the service ensures that you have your e-Conference visa between 1-3 days.
Indian e-Conference Visa expired?
To avoid any form of punishment or banishment, you should ensure your e-Conference visa doesn’t expire. Moreover, the validity of your e-Conference visa is 30 days as it cannot be extended. Upon expiration, you have to process another one.
Apply for visa
Once you have all the necessary requirements in place, you can then apply for the visa which usually has a three-way process:
- Apply Online: Visit the appropriate website and choose India e-conference visa.
- Fill an Online Form & Upload documents: fill out the application form and upload the supporting documents required.
- Receive Visa: After the process is completed, you will receive your visa in your email. This takes within 1-5 business days.
Requirements for Applying For e-Conference Visa
Even though you would be required to upload some necessary documents, you should know that not all is essential. There are certain criteria that needs to be met before you can then apply for India e-Conference visa;
- You must not only have a passport, but a valid one issued by a country which is eligible for application of an e-Conference attendant visa.
- You must have two blank pages for stamps on your passport as well as the passport being valid for a period of 6 months after the proposed date of entry.
- A formal letter of invitation from the organizer.
- You need to prove that you have money that would sustain you and also, a return ticket which should clearly indicate your departure date after you have attended the e-Conference.
- The Ministry of external affairs, confirmation of clearance would be needed.
- The Ministry of home affairs would need an evidence of event clearance.
Do I need a visa for India?
If you need to attend a seminar or a conference, then you clearly need to have a visa and an invitation from the organizer in other to gain entry into the country. This visa is only permitted for a single entry and has a validity period of 30 days. Once the duration has expired, you can then proceed to extend it.
Cost for e-Conference Visa
Sometimes, the cost of attending an e-Conference in India can be settled by your company. However, the total cost of e-Conference visa would include both the government fee and visa fee and is mostly influenced on the location as well. The cost of an India e-Conference visa cost about $13- $113.
In addition, you should note that both the visa fee and government fee are non-refundable which is why you should be detailed and check for accuracy when filling the form before you proceed with the payment. As such, payments are made through different channels such as debit cards, e-wallets, or PayPal.
Explanation application form for e-Conference visa
To fill out the form for e-Conference visa online is not only easy but very straightforward as well. All that is required of you is to pay attention to the questions asked on each field. There are different categories which are going to be explained below. Categories such as;
- Personal Section: This section requires you to input personal details like first name, sex, date of birth etc.
- Passport Details: This section would require you input your passport details like your passport number, expiration date etc.
- Contact Information: This section would require you to input your address, phone number and email address.
N/B: It is important that you fill in a valid email address as your India e-Conference visa will be sent upon completion of the process.
Passport or ID card For An India e-Conference Visa
It is important to have a valid passport if you want to process an e-Conference Attendant visa. A scanned copy of the page of your passport is required for an India e-Conference visa. In addition, if the conference is sponsored by your company, then you should carry your companies ID card as well to attend the seminar or conference.
e-visa or sticker-visa For an India e-Conference visa
For an e-Conference visa, it should be made known that both the e-visa or sticker visa are obtainable. They both have advantages to go with. The e-visa lets you process your application from the comfort of your home, while you would be required to take a trip to the embassy to acquire a sticker visa. The e-Conference attendant visa can be extended but the process of an extension should be carried out before it expires.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A single individual who has a conference to attend in India can apply for India e-Conference visa. In addition, only countries who aren’t black listed are eligible for an e-Conference attendant visa.
You are only permitted to travel to where the conference is holding as you may not be allowed to enter some cities in the country.